Last revised: August 3, 2015
Before using our Properties or providing information to us, please carefully review this Privacy Statement. By using one of our Properties, including registering for an account or accessing one of our Properties, you agree that we may collect, process and use your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, as revised from time to time.
Highlights of Our Practices
This section is intended to provide you with a basic overview of the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement. For complete details on our practices, please read this entire Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect:
How We Use Your Information:
How We Share Your Information:
We may share your information:
- With our third party service providers that assist or support our business operations, such as fulfillment, research, marketing and technology;
- With our affiliates, retailers and third party business partners for research, analysis and other purposes, but not for their direct marketing purposes;
- With other parties in a form that does not identify you;
- If all or part of our business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend our or other parties’ rights, safety and property; and
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
What Information We Collect
- We may collect several types of information about you, including:
- Personal information:
- We may collect personal information through your use of the Properties, such as when you register for our Properties, subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, enter contests or sweepstakes, respond to surveys, rate or review products, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, apply for a job, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- This personal information can include data attributes like your full name, username, password, email address, telephone number, physical or billing mail addresses, date of birth and other information you may provide to us, as well as credit card numbers or, in some limited cases, national ID numbers, like your social security number, for tax reporting purposes related to some high-value promotional prize awards. It may also include other personally identifiable information we have collected from you, such as your attitudes and opinions about and usage of our products, demographics, interests, household or lifestyle information, job description, satisfaction with our website and newsletters, your purchasing behavior or history and your browsing, downloading and other internet activity. Additionally, it may include a resume or curriculum vitae or other information you submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry. If you have contacted us on behalf of a business or other entity, we may also collect your work contact information and details about your business or entity that you provide.
- We also collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
- In some instances, we may combine information you’ve provided us with other information about you, such as combining your name with your geographic location or your browsing or purchasing history. We also may combine personal information with information we receive about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available demographic or profile information about you from third parties, receive device information from mobile applications or advertisements or match your profile with information about you provided by retailers or data brokers.
Device information we collect through our Properties:
- Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit one of our Properties, along with the time of the visit, the page(s) that were visited and other information related to your visit. We use IP addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitor’s country, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Properties. If you accessed one of our Properties using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
- Cookies and similar technologies: A “Cookie” is a small text file containing a random and unique alphanumeric identifier that our Properties may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables our systems to recognize your browser. We employ technologies like Cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixel or Internet tag technologies to uniquely identify your account, or the IP address associated with your Internet device. We also permit third parties to gather information on our websites, including for advertising purposes, through these technologies, as described below. Cookies and the other technologies mentioned above provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our advertising or our Properties, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals, traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions, which items are placed in shopping carts and which are abandoned, conversions and what purchases were made and zip codes. These technologies can contain or store personal and other information (such as if you have previously registered on our Properties or consented to the retention of certain personal information) and allow web browser servers to recognize return visits to our Properties and improve web browsing navigation or the quality and delivery of certain features or customized content through our Properties. Some Cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your computer or Internet device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. You can set your computer or Internet device to accept or reject most Cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a Cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Sites may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
- Flash LSOs: We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations, including to recognize you and remember your preferences or other details about your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the support page for your Flash player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your computer now, go to your Flash player’s Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- Third-party applications and APIs: We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces (API), gadgets, extensions that are hosted on our Properties or through other third party websites, or social networking platforms. When you participate in these services, products, applications, or otherwise connect with, or “accept” or “allow” third party applications, networks, platforms or services through our Properties and/or one of our services or products, you are authorizing those third parties to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. Any personal or other information we receive by these means will be treated and/or processed according to this Privacy Statement.
- Location data: Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your zip code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Properties also may capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties. If we combine any location information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
- Analytical and statistical information we collect through our Properties:
- De-identified information: We may conduct surveys and otherwise collect information that does not uniquely identify any individual. This might include demographic information like age and income range, gender, education, household size and marital status, as well as information from which identifying particulars have been removed. If this information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose such information for any purpose.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
- We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as to:
- complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed;
- respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests;
- deliver targeted advertising, communications, product solutions or content, as well as services you have requested;
- conduct research and analysis related to our business, products or Properties;
- improve our products, services or Properties and tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- implement social networking features you have activated;
- publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- communicate with you about your account or your use of our Properties;
- if you have opted-in to receive news, special offers or other information from us or one of our brands by email or text message, send you promotional messages we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive these direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of such communications by the methods describe in the “Opting Out of Communications” section below.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, sales brokers, retail partners and other third party business partners (and their service providers), such as in the following circumstances:
- to conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- to allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile;
- to prevent such parties from sending promotional messages on our behalf to people who have asked us to not send such messages; or
- if you have opted-in to receive promotional communications from us, send a tailored promotional communications to you jointly offering a product or service.
We may place or recognize a unique Cookie on your browser when you visit our Properties for purposes of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising”). We also allow third-party companies to place their own Cookies on your browser when you visit our Properties, so that they can collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different sites and serve customized advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. While some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and our Properties are not currently set up to respond to these signals.
Storage of Personal Information
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Opting Out of Communications
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative means intended to protect stored and transmitted information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, and we encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our Properties using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
Websites Not Covered by this Privacy Statement
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Properties are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Properties and should not provide their personal information to us. If you are younger than age 18, you may use our website only with the permission and involvement of your parents or guardian.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Properties, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. Where required, Clorox has implemented appropriate safeguards for the transfer of such personal information, including by entering into data transfer agreements based on the Model Contractual Clauses of the European Commission, if applicable.
Please direct any inquiries related to this Privacy Statement or personal information we have collected about you to our Privacy Team by completing this online form. If you have any questions or comments about our company or our products or have other customer service needs, please click here for information on contacting our consumer service representatives.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our practices, technology, legal requirements and other factors. Please check the “Last Revised” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on this page unless otherwise noted. Your use of the Properties following these changes indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Statement.